indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

04 reg diesel jeep crd manual gear box. Have fitted new battery

04 reg diesel jeep crd manual gear box. Have fitted new battery (recommended battery from jeep after having 2 cheaper ones) after 2 days battery goes flat and the car will not start. Had the car checked at main dealer and they could find no problem. They said there could be an intermittent drain but were unable to find one. I have had the battery previously checked and again no fault could be found.
any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This is not your battery for sure after trying 3 different ones .

But a known fact with some of the radios that wake up after a time and drain the battery ,what i suggest you do is pull the radio fuse and leave over night and see if you still have the same problem .
Had a few same cases as yours and was the battery waking up.
Repair was to replace the radio .

Check this then get back to me if you are still having problems .

If you are not happy with this answer and still need further assistance then please don't rate just get back to me with the reply button .and I will help you or suggest another expert .
Kindest regards Greg
indy-tech, Technician
Experience: Jeep tech ,