indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

I have a uk jeep cherokee 2006 model. the air con is not working,

Customer Question

I have a uk jeep cherokee 2006 model. the air con is not working, it has been recharged its not the relay ac clutch not operating but if you bridge the relay the ac clutch operates. Ive ruled out the relay by trying another one. fuses are ok. Is there any way for a fairly compident diy mechanic to check pressure switches. Or the wiring circuit? Its a 2.8 CRD ltd.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Check the pressure switch , this is located on the accumulator or receiver dry as it is called .disconnect and bridge the wiring with a 15amp fuse jump wire with the engine running and A/C switched ON .
if the compressor runs replace the switch .
If does not run you will need to hook up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for A/C malfunction codes .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg