romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

My Cherokee 2.5 CRD ltd is a 2004 diesel, approx 100,000miles.

Customer Question

My Cherokee 2.5 CRD ltd is a 2004 diesel, approx 100,000miles. It had a replacement rear diff 15,000miles ago which has now gone again, this time it has destroyed the rear prop shaft as well. It has had an intermittent grating noise since I bought it 18months ago, that no-one seems to be able to say what it is. When i bought it, the front prop shaft bearings looked as if they had exploded and the full timeXXXXXoption has never worked. I have been fobbed off by the garage i bought it from with all sorts of vague answers like "it has never had full timeXXXXXas there is no portal on the gear box for full timeXXXXX!!??!! Is it possible that any of the above, or any clue as to why it has got through 2 rear diffs in the space of 9 months. I am preparing to take legal action against the garage and any possible underlying causes/defects that may have been present when i bought the vehicle would greatly help my case. Help!!!
Category: Jeep