Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The car, a Grand Cherokee, hadnt been used for months and

The car, a Grand Cherokee, hadn't been used for months and the battery died. I have fitted a new battery but the alarm goes off, what should I do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

There are two things you can try at home before having to get someone in to plug on diagnostic equipment to sort it.

The first thing is - connect the battery - and the alarm will start sounding as you have... then as it sounds - go to the drivers door ( with the door closed ) and turn the key one way in the lock ( either way ) - until the alarm stops - that should reset it.

If that doesn't work - take the connectors off the battery - re fit - and then this time- turn the ign ON - and that should stop it.. Leave the key on - tighten the battery connectors -close the bonnet - and then switch off. All should now be reset.

Let me know how you go but if neither way does sort it, you may well have a fault with your key / fob - sop try the above methods again with your spare. Other than that - you will be in need of it re setting diagnostically.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me -

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE