indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I have a 2007 grand Cherokee jeep overland how can I check

I have a 2007 grand Cherokee jeep overland how can I check transmission fluid without
taking to main dealer. also how often does fluid need changing.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

In the engine bay is a dipstick for the transmission on the right side rear of the engine .

With a hot engine and running pull the dipstick and check the level , on the dipstic is a hatch area where the fluid should be ,there is a cold mark and a hot mark if engine is hot should be at the hot mark.

Trans oil should be replaced every 60.000 miles .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
my own information tells me that their is what looks like a dip stick on back of engine that is plugged in to something to get it off.
is that correct . it looks like a dipstick with like plug or jackplug on is this what dealer uses and plugs into
to check level.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on my car jeep.

there is what looks like a dipstick at back of engine,

it has what looks like a plug or jackplug what dealer plugs into to check

oil level. what oil is recommended or do I have to go to dealer for oil.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matthew .

I'm sorry the 2007 overland with the 3.7L does not have a dipstick .

This is checked with a dealer level scan tool which checks the temp of the fluid then with a special Chrysler dip stick with measurements is used to check the fluid volume .

For example if the transmission has 190f then the reading should be somewhere around
80mm

Matthew sorry for the mistake on the first reply forgot the 2007 had no dip stick .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue