indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

grand Cherokee crd limited 2006 3.o crd, when temperature hit

grand Cherokee crd limited 2006 3.o crd, when temperature hit 5 degrees or lower cranking but not starting, changed glow plugs and glow plug control module. in Marlborough , Isleworth at moment where they tell me two injectors are faulty. dealer tells me injectors on back order. could it be injectors that give starting problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When cold injectors would cause a hard start when cold, you can normally tell when the engine does start after a long crank as the engine will run unevenly few seconds
and blow grey smoke out the exhaust pipe also short while .

The 2006 3.0L crdi has a good management system, and will let you know from the diagnostic system what problems you have, and if the dealer diagnosed 2 injectors
then this will have to be done first.

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you reply, I am awaiting replacement of the two injectors and then I have to see how it will start in cold weather. must admit I have seen grey smoke coming out when it finally starts I will reply when I have more news about it all as the vehicle is still under warranty and you probably know that takes a bit of time to get sorted. many thanks again reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did nor wanted to rate bad service I pressed wrong button cant find anywhere to rectify.

sorry about this, trying to rate you as excellent.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Robert .

Was wondering why LOL .

No problem just rerate now and thank you honest .

Kindest regards ***** ***** happy motoring .