Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

I have a y reg grand Cherokee and there is diesel pouring from

Customer Question

I have a y reg grand Cherokee and there is diesel pouring from under the rear of the engine ' any ideas ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully i can help..

It would difficult to say exactly what section of the fuel system would be at fault without doing some proper investigative work to trace it down,that would be your only step forward from here..ideally if you can or what most if not all garages/mobile techs should carry out is to start off from the feed/return lines under the vehicle itself from the fuel tank then work you way along the lines upto the fuel filter housing..that would certainly need to be inspected..then to the fuel pump - then upto the injection rail/injectors..the leak off lines then back to the fuel pump and return lines

..if the engine seems to run ok with this fault it could well be on the return side or fractured,corroded fuel line pipe/split..but as it stands at the moment theres no other advice bar having to trace your fuel system for the leak in question and the deal with it as found...because its a diesel then the area to inspect will be wet with fuel unlike if a petrol which would be slighly harder to trace due the petrol evaporating..once you have the area on the engine identified as per the leak have someone cylce the engine on and off to trace the point at which the fuel escaping..then you'll know or have better idea what needs to be dealt with or replaced...