indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I have a 2005 Jeep crd ltd , I have just had a reconditioned

I have a 2005 Jeep crd ltd , I have just had a reconditioned turbo fitted as the old one packed in. The turbo was changed last Wednesday, on the Friday I was doing a trip to Sheffield from Barnsley & half way there the brakes on all 4 wheels stuck on. I could smell the linings on the brakes from inside the car but I had to carry on as I was going to a Hospital appointment.
When I arrived at the Hospital car park all 4 brake discs were mad hot " too hot to touch".
When I drove home the car was fine.
The day after on a short journey the same thing happened again, a local mechanic told me to release the pressure on the servo by removing the rubber grommit at the front to release the brakes. He reckons it could be the Master Cylinder or the Servo that's at fault .
Do you have any advice please ?
Cheers Dave
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dave,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still looking for some advice regarding the problem with Jeeps brakes
Cheers Dave
Hello Dave,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Dave .

Did any warning lights come ON like the ABS check engine ??

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No! No lights came on the dashboard at all
Cheers Dave
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave .

Did just the front or rear lock up or all 4 this is important to know.

After this happening check which wheels are the hottest .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg
The wheels didn't actually lock up solid, It was like driving through a resistance. When it happened all 4 brake discs were mad hot & I could smell the brake liniings burning from inside the car?
With the Jeep being auto when you put the car in gear to set off once you release the foot brake the car normally starts to roll forward ready to set off.
When the brakes are stuck on you have to really apply a lot of revs to get the car to set off.
Cheers Dave
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave was any brake work done in the near past ,like master cylinder changed foot pedal adjusted anything .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg
No work was done to the brakes prior to the problem arising.
Cheers Davw
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave .

Sounds like a bad master cylinder , because all brakes are binding, if it was just one or two could of been a brake caliper .

So you will have to have the master cylinder checked ,

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg
indy-tech, Technician
Experience: Jeep tech ,