Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a jeep cherokee liberty 07 that stops on me just

Hi I have a jeep cherokee liberty 07 that stops on me just after starting, not very often and a friend suggested that it may be a dirty egr valve.so when it was in the main agents on a recall i asked them to check it out,they phoned to say they could not connect to the management system to check it out. WoW what do I do now?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you..

- Can I first just ask - what have the dealers said as to why they cant connect...?

Have the said if the circuit is dead - ie - no comms at all.... or what? This is important as to the way forward...so if you can find that out for me if you dont know already and let me know - then we can progress...

Please also give me its Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE.............................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

My jeeps reg is WVO7 TKZ and she has done less than 20,000 miles.I asked the main dealer to check the EGR valve as I suspected that it may be dirty due to the vehicle only doing short trips.They phoned to say they could not run a diagnostic test to check the problem because they could not connect to the vehicle,possibly a wire was broken.They said they could not bring up any codes.Hope this helps.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and further info..

Given what they are saying there then, they are not getting comms ( connection / communication ) to the Ecu at all... if they suspect a broken wire...

But - the first thing to check is the fuse on the circuit - its not unheard of for even dealers to omit to do that.... that could well be all it is. Im afraid I dont have a layout for that version as to where the fuse is - but they will have as dealers.

If its not that - then the actual pins where the 16 pin diag connector goes on to the socket need to be checked - its a common thing for the pins - one or more to push back into the socket unbeknown to the operator - and hence, no comms... so that should then be checked also.

If the issue is found as above, then thats that -- If not - its then a case of back checking the wires from the 16 pin socket back to the Ecu..to find the fault.. it will be found that way.

Once that issue is found, its a relatively small job to run the diagnostics and trace the root cause of the stalling issues - as that will show up on the diagnostic test machine, whatever is causing it - then that can be fixed then as found.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert