indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

I have a 2003 grand cherokee auto the gear box doesn't seem

Customer Question

I have a 2003 grand cherokee auto the gear box doesn't seem to be changing also the engine management light is on help please
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We know what the problem is just need a solution

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

First when the check engine light comes on then thats your problem half found .

Let me explain what you should do when you have this light ON and what it means ...

The check engine light can not be turned off, unless the malfunction that switched on the check engine light is first repaired .

When the check engine light comes on this means the engine management system has encountered a malfunction with one or more of the sensors.

In your case transmission malfunction has tripped on your check engine light

When a sensor malfunctions the engine management system (ECM/PCM)
will see this and trip on the check engine light to let the operator know that there is a problem.

If the check engine light does not flash then you are okay to keep driving until you find time to have this checked with a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes .

From the found malfunction codes you will then know what system has malfunctioned and what to do to rectify this issue.

once repaired then the check engine light can be cleared ans switched off and if the repair was correctly carried out then the check engine light will stay off.

What you need to do is drive carefully to a good local transmission shop .your problem may be just a simple output speed sensor .

First before you do anything is check or have checked the transmission fluid level and condition .if this checks okay then have the system checked for codes .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg