romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

I have a jeep compass 2007, ESP AWD and ABS lights came

Customer Question

Hi I have a jeep compass 2007, ESP AWD and ABS lights came on a few weeks ago I was about to get that checked when the clutch gave up, that has now been sorted whilst driving home the lights came on again only this time followed by what I can only describe as a grinding gear noise. I checked whilst stopped all gears changed ok. Drove off again reached 25mph same noise loss of power pulled over again nothing seemed or appeared wrong so started again if I kept speed below 25 all ok as soon as over 25 same noise and loss of power, so I managed the last couple of hundred meters limping home. Stripped down wheel on near side where noise came from bearing ok shat appears ok no leaks or damage rotation is stiff not sure how loose it should be no unpleasant grinding noise. Any suggestions? ps I've had a diagnostic tool connected and there are no fault codes present

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for calling back. Well I'm a little disappointed but the way things have been going with me and this car not totally unexpected. I would close the question down it looks like this is going to have to go to the jeep garage next week instead.

As my question has not been answered I assume my good faith deposit will be refunded?

Andy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shantal I've had no response could you please let me know what is happening with reference to my question and payment.

Regards Andy