romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

We are tearing our hair out with Jeep UK. The problem is

Customer Question

Hi we are tearing our hair out with Jeep UK. The problem is an intermittent fault in the ABS/4 wheel drive system. At the sixth attempt of trying to get the vehicle to our local garage with the warning lights still activated we were successful and were able to plug in the diagnostics meter. It registered that there was a fault in the passenger side rear wheel sensor. Our local garage (Finlayson Motors of Jedburgh) recommended that we replace both the sender and the sensor on this wheel as there was no way of knowing which element was at fault. He contacted the local Jeep agents (Belmont Motors, Wallyford, Edinburgh) and placed an order for the necessary parts. This is where the trouble started.
Firstly Belmont asked for the size of the disc brakes on the rear wheels. This was provided. Parts were sent down but were completely wrong. Belmont then asked for photographs of the wheel hub, etc. because they had no data that corresponded with the dimensions sent to them from Finlayson Motors. Both Steve Finlayson and I had had enough!
I contacted Jeep Head Office and were told that Belmont had passed an enquiry to them and that the parts were not currently available. So where do we go from there?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Model and year of jeep .
What was the ABS malfunction code .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jeep Patriot Sport CRD
First Registration 25 09 2009
VIN/Chassis No. 1J4F7C8Y59D202270
I did not record the code number but the diagnostic stated there was a fault in the passenger side rear wheel.
I could get the code number by taking the vehicle back to Finlayson Automotive because the fault is presently active. If you want me to do this then are there any other questions that should be asked at the garage?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Okay i would just go ahead and replace the speed sensor rear left first, if the tone ring has not come in or are they sure the tone ring is damaged .
Now not understanding why they need the size of the disc brake
The rear speed sensor and tone ring have nothing to do with this unless you have missed out anything ??
Two parts (1)speed sensor and (2)ring tone .
check image below .
http://imgur.com/jzGfpI9
Rgds Greg