indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I have a 2000 reg grand cherokee quadradrive automatic it has

Customer Question

i have a 2000 reg grand cherokee quadradrive automatic it has boiled badly not by me can this damage the automatic gearbox
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Normally overheating the engine would not affect the transmission ,
never seen this happen to be honest ..
Now if you mean the transmission overheated and the trans fluid turn black!! then yes this will ruin the transmission .but for the transmission to overheat you had a faulty transmission cooling system or fluid pressure problems to begin with.
So all depends on what overheated ? Trans or Engine ..
Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.