Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Mike and thanks. I have the M37 fuse pop issue on my 08

Hi Mike and thanks. I have the M37 fuse pop issue on my 08 rubicon. it occurs when the brake pedal is released and engages the stop switch. I replaced the switch and still it pops when the pedal raises to engage the switch.

Additional info: This fuse is 10 amp and has the brake switch circuit, ABS, Electronic Stability Program, and fuel pump on it.

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..

You have done the right thing really in replacing the switch - that speedily rules that out. ( or in)

As its not the cause you have to trace / look "manually" for faults in the wiring - for it to be blowing the fuse, it can only be a crossed connection / short to earth or bared / trapped wire in the circuit.
I suggest to start at the rear lights - check the connectors - remove them and check for bad connections / also bulbs.. check them too - and if you have had one or more replaced of late - check its the correct bulb - a common cause of this !

If you dont find it there - then its checking back - but before you do - check then wiring at the brake light switch - often it will chaff on the steering column column / pedals.. Working through like this you will find it. Here is a wiring diagram of that model should you need....

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter. I will be on later if you do need anything.

>>> Meantime , please do now at this point, click on the "Excellent ratings" for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to take long to get back with you. I have rated your service and hope all is well.

The problem ended up being a brake controller for operation of trailer brakes installed by a previous owner was connected with, what I have always heard called, suit case connectors. I completely uninstalled this, put in a fresh 10 amp fuse and we are good. Took her up to the mountains today. Was a good day.

I appreciate the help and service.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello there George -

That would certainly do it for you George - Im glad you got there in the end -- Thank you very much for the rating -and letting me know the outcome.

You are welcome back anytime should you ever need anything..

Best Rgds, MIKE.