indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

The yellow engine warning light has come on a 2011 patriot,

Customer Question

the yellow engine warning light has come on a 2011 patriot, but engine is running sweet
the engine oil level is okay the water is okay please don't tell me it needs adblue
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
When this happens i suggest you just disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes then reconnect ,
This will reset the system and turn off the Check engine light.
Now after reconnecting and the check engine light is still off after starting the engine do a test drive ,
After a good test drive and the light stays OFF then all systems are working correctly .
If the light comes back on then you will need a diagnostic scan tool
to check for malfunction codes .
From the codes you will know what is tripping on the check engine light ,
Most likely nothing big if the engine is still running sweet could be anything from a lose fuel cap to a failing sensor .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg