romee619
romee619, Mechanic
Experience:  Let my online troubleshooting skills speak for themselves!
61287765

Grand Cherokee CRD Overland A - first registered march 2004.

Customer Question

Grand Cherokee CRD Overland A - first registered march 2004. After the vehicle has been standing for some time - over two hours say. The engine fires as soon as the starter switch is turned and then dies after running for for a second or two. It will then only start after prolonged use of the starter motor. When the car has only been at rest for a short time it starts easily and keeps running.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help..
Please give me full details of the vehicle you have - exact engine -size / type etc..
A full reg will be helpful also -
Plus - please tell me everything you have done / tried so far -
Rgds, MIKE...........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good evening Mike,

Details of the vehicle are as follows: Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland A. 2685 cc. Diesel. First reg. March 2004.

reg no. YR04 ZGS.

My local garage thought that the problem might be an air leak in the tube that connects the fuel filter with the injection pump. We replaced the tube but the problem still persists and after the car has been standing for an hour or so it runs for a second or two on the first turn of the starter and then dies. It then requires about fifteen seconds of turning on the starter motor before it will fire, it then runs normally.

The car had a full service, immediately before the problem started, which included a fuel filter change