Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

If you put say 2litres of petrol in diesel Cherokee 2014 and

If you put say 2litres of petrol in diesel Cherokee 2014 and then fill with diesel and then drive for 30 miles with no problem, do you need to do anything?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help/ advise -
With just two litres of petrol added - and then the tank filled / topped up with diesel as you have - so long as there were no signs of excess smoke or bad engine running - missing / spluttering etc - then you will be fine.
2 litres on that size tank is very little so really I would not expect any issues no - espeically not as you have driven so far without any - they are not going to arise now.
What I always suggest in these situations though - just to "look after" things .. when the tank gets down to 3\4 , re top up ( with diesel of course ).. and do repeat that again once... It just really ensures you have fully protected it - the diesel is the oil that lubricates the systems you see... unleaded has no lubrication properties and its that that causes the problems.
But no - I don't see that you will have any worries at all -
I hope that reassures you ..
- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- I will be on later if needed.
Best Rgds, MIKE.