indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

2004 diesel car judders when applying brakes

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If your car starts to judder only when the brakes are applied then this could be the following:
Brake disc warped . bad tie rod ends (Play).
Steering suspension parts .
Have the brake disc runout checked first this is the most common issue for your problem .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes when you applie the brake it is fine there is no judder could that still be the discs
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jan.

I would now point towards the steering and suspension parts, as a disc will shudder each time you use the brakes in most cases, but don't close this out of options, have the run out checked on the disc anyway to be sure .

What is very common is the trac link if the bushing on one side is bad or the other side link is bad you will have this issue .

Which Jeep do you Have .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grand Cherokee diesel overland 2004
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jan .
Okay the Steering Stabilizer should be checked and if over 80.000miles then replace anyway ,this part could well be your issue ,
The rest of the steering parts will have to be checked .
Look at the diagram i have linked up in the link below and check all these parts .
Check the RHD image .
Rgds Greg