indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

My Jeep 5.7 Hemi judders when turned sharply left or right

My Jeep 5.7 Hemi judders when turned sharply left or right at slow speeds and also when coasting at slow speeds in a straight line.
What is the problem
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You need to get hooked up to the Jeep diagnostic scan tool and check for 4WD system malfunction , this happens when the 4WD locks are activated .
Also possible is a bad front right or left drive shaft Joint .
Remove the front prob shaft and test drive if there are no malfunctions recorded . test drive if the problem is still there then you have a left or right drive shaft issue if all is good then you have a transfer case issue .
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Technician
Experience: Jeep tech ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just taken the car out for a road test, the problem is getting progressively worse with a binding feel on the wheels and clunking noise.

If the problem is the transfer case will this need to be fully replaced or is the problem a lack of transmission fluid.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger .
If its the T/C a good transmission shop can repair this ,
T/C fluid should be checked ,
But as said a typical issue for your concern is the left or right half shafts ..
Transmission will not be the cause of this issue ,if the car is only being driven on roads and in good road conditions then trans service is 120.000 other wise if bad conditions and a lot of off road then should be done every 30.000 miles .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for this

I'll pass on your comments to my local repair guy.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Sounds Good Roger .

All the best with this .

Rgds Greg