Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

THERES A PIPE THAT RUNS AT THE BACK OF THE ENGINE CONNECTED

THERES A PIPE THAT RUNS AT THE BACK OF THE ENGINE CONNECTED TO THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD WHITCH IS CRACKED AND SOUNDS LIKE YOUR EXHAUST IS BLOWING WHAT IS THIS PIPE?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is***** happy to help / advise.
Does this particular pipe have corrugated sections - like ripples in it? in its length?
Rgds, MIKE....................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Mark..
Ok
Too - is it metal / steel?
Rgds, MIKE...................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

steel and the last time this happened the tick over was not constant
the pipe was replaced under warranty

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.
Yes then it is the EGR pipe.. if you ask at any dealer parts dept ( which is the only place you will get in - other than on line maybe ) for the EGR pipe, they will know what you mean.
There are kits available for those that want to do away with / by pass the EGR system, - you could ask about that at the parts dept should you want to do that - or do a search on line for them - I know you can get them on line easily... but otherwise, its just a pipe ( egr pipe ) replacement needed.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE