Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am buying a2006 2.8 diesel jeep cherokee ,does it have a

Customer Question

i am buying a2006 2.8 diesel jeep cherokee ,does it have a timing chain or a belt it has done 80000 mls
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello its a belt on this model and the replacement interval is every 100K miles or 5 years whichever occurs 1st, if you're at all unsure of the service history then replace the beltthe idler pullies for the belt also need replacing at 100K miles but don't have a time limit like the belt
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.