indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

Matt, i have just aquired a 2003 plate jeep grand cherokee

Customer Question

hi Matt, i have just aquired a 2003 plate jeep grand cherokee 2.7 ltr overland crd,please excuse my ignorance but how do i tell if its a Merc or otherwise also i comes with a load of dtcs what diagnostic fault finder/scanner would you recomend , i will be greatful for your help Ray M
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Ray.
Do you need a scan tool just for your use with this car, or to use on other this would be the deciding factor .
If you have a shop or work on all types of vehicles then i would suggest the MaxiDas DS708, this will cover most cars system completely from the engine system right down to electric seat diagnostics , i personally use this more than any of the other scan tool i have .
Will cost you around $1300us lot of money just for one car ?
But check in the Maxidas
http://www.maxidas.co.uk/
http://www.maxidas.co.uk/
The engine in this Jeep was built by Mercedes Benz has 168 hp (125 kW)
2685cc, 5 cylinders.
This engine was also used in the MB C-Class, E-Class and M-Class models.
This will be your engine as no other makes where used beside3s the 3.1L VM engine .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.