indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,

I am replacing my 2003 Grand Cherokee (tyre size 235/65R17

Hi, I am replacing my 2003 Grand Cherokee (tyre size 235/65R17 108H) with a 2006 3.0 CRD - tyre size the same but different speed rating of 104. Tyres on the old car are better than the new. On the newer car there is a lot of road noise and drone and I suspect cheap tyres don't help. Do you agree and can I swap the Goodyear Wrangler tyres from the old car -not the wheels though?
N Harvey
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 9 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Harvey the tyre will interchange without any problem ,even the rims will fit so if you want you can change over the complete wheel to the newer jeep .
Goodyear wranglers tyre's are also know for loud road noise.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The tyres on the new car are mixed and unknown to me so I think I will change them to the Wranglers but can you suggest any others which may be quieter than the Wranglers please ? I am not an off roader !
Hi .
Okay if you use the car only on the roads then the best tyre i would recommend is the
Hankook Dynapro Highway All-Season...
Highway All-Season light truck tyres are for drivers who want a combination of pleasant on-road characteristics, long wear and all-season versatility, including traction in light snow.
Highway All-Season tyres branded with the M+S symbol are often used as Original Equipment (O.E.) on 2WD and 4WD, light- and medium-duty vans, trucks and pickups, as well as crossover and sport utility vehicles.
Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA
Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season..
Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season
You want a stylish appearance, sophisticated comfort and all-season on-road traction for your upscale crossover, sport utility vehicle or luxury pickup.
These tires combine the sporty appearance of Street/Sport Truck tires with much of the ride quality and noise comfort associated with Highway All-Season tires to deliver a sophisticated blend of fashion and function. While they offer all-season versatility, including traction in light snow, tire sizes featuring extremely wide tread widths may limit the traction this type of tire can provide in deep snow.
Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Technician
Experience: Jeep tech ,