indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

Rev counter not working on 3.0 crd what could be theprobl

Customer Question

rev counter not working on 3.0 crd what could be theproblem
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi . If the rev counter is not working then you have a problem with the crankshaft speed sensor ..you may also have noticed the check engine light is ON. most likely a code for the Engine speed crank sensor .most likely have a possible P0320 code .If you have a good top level scan tool you can check the operation of the instrument cluster and test the rev counter, if you have no check engine light on and no relevant codes then test the instrument with the scan tool in instrument test mode . If the crank sensor is at fault in most cases you will notice the automatic transmission is acting up and not changing gear at the correct change points . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.