Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

The serpentine belt on my jeep grand cherekee keeps coming

Customer Question

the serpentine belt on my jeep grand cherekee keeps coming off inclueding the pully
I have change all the drive pelt idelers and the belt
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

If you're confident that none of the pullies are wobbling on their bearings the next step is to use a straight edge across the front of all the pullies to ensure all of them are running in -line and are square and true

also check the condition of the main crank pulley looking at all the pulley grooves for sings of bent ribs or stones stuck in the ribs

If this all looks OK then I'd next use a dial test indicator ( DTI) to measure the run -out on the crank pulley

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you