indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

Error Code P0700

Customer Question

Error Code P0700
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi JB.

This is a generic code in the management system letting you know that the transmission has a stored malfunction code in the transmission control module ..

Now you need a good scan tool that can read the Transmission control module, so you can get the

malfunction code or codes .

Most common issue on this transmission is the Input or output speed sensor .but getting the codes will confirm what the problem is.

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my mechanic said something potentially about solenoid?

Did he get the transmission code .if yes let me know what the code is .

Greg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only error code i took was the P0700 looks like I need more info for you

He needs a better scan tool that can get in deeper and check for codes ,If the P0700 is present then there are

stored Transmission codes in the TCM.

There are 6 solenoids in this transmission so there must be a code like P0750 , 55 , 60 , 65 etc

There are so many issue that will trip a P0700 code that you have to check for TCM codes to know what has failed and which solenoid failed.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I call in to my mechanic tomorrow and reply to you again?

Please do, i will be around .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay, could you let me know the part Nos for the speed sensor and the solenoid. Thanks