indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I love my new Jeep Wrangler Soft Top - but I am afraid to

I love my new Jeep Wrangler Soft Top - but I am afraid to take it on and off to much, because it might not fit and seals perfectly!?!? Is that possible...or can I play around with at as I want to?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 6 months ago.

This depends on the top you have bought ?

For example you get a cheap top and take it off and on ones a week for example its sooner or later going to rip stretch etc.

Now if you get a Best-top this will last a lot longer, But will also after a lot of OFF/ON will also rip stretch but last much longer .

but we are talking about a lot of fitting and removing .

And if you use it all the time without removing and just flipping back an original or best top should last you 5 - 6 years

take into account the type of weather you have the jeep in ,hot climate very cold climate in the open all the time etc .

In hot climate and in the open all the time cut the life span down to half .2-3 years ..

Key to longer life ,Keep the zippers oiled keep in the shade when you can .

You can get for the jeep a half weather cover that just covers the top part of the car, so if you have no shade us a cover .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

indy-tech, Technician
Experience: Jeep tech ,