indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Experience:  Jeep tech ,
29331485

I have recently acquired a 4.2 grand cherokee and I need to

Customer Question

Hi guys I have recently acquired a 4.2 grand cherokee and I need to replace pipe from reservoir on power steering but I am told not available by dealer, but I also believe a modified version should be available. Car is 53 plate.
Any ideas? Scrap approach may not be a route as anything likely faulty as well.Thanks john
Category: Jeep
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

i John .

If you are having a problem with finding this part then send it to a hydraulic hose repair shop .

All they do is remove your old hose from the metal fitting and replace the hose .

For example Pirtek hydraulic hose and fittings .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The issue is not the pipe but the seals in the metal connection. The pipe could even be spliced if required.

John can you post me a photo please of the part you need.

Cheers Greg