Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi there ive just put new torque converter in picanto 55 reg

hi there ive just put new torque converter in picanto 55 reg 1.1 and its slipping
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,how are you? My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you. Before the torque converter was replaced tell me how the vehicle was shifting?
Was the rest of the gearbox checked out at the time of the converter replacement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi there the torque converter was stuck open/close code p 744 or something i will find in a sec. but when started little rattle so i replace converter. i dont no what happen when it went cos i got it like that.

Ok more often than not when the converter fails or was failing this creates a pressure loss inside the gearbox and will cause heat damage which would cause you to still have the slipping. I don't believe the valve that you are referring to is causing the slipping. What I would suggest as a first step is to have a pressure test performed on the gear box.