Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Are you 100% Kia knowlage

Customer Question

Are you 100% Kia knowlage

Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we are a independant garage so we are familiar with most vehicles its possible we are pre empting the situation.

Anyway we purchased a Sedona 2.9 diesel that was a none runner but the guy said it would start with cold start, fine we got it back to the garage 133miles from pickup the next morning went to move the car bit of cold start absolutly nothing removed intercooler and believe it or not the injectors where not tight we addressed this and checked out a few issuies that coul be related, we are finding there is no electrical feed to the injectors theirs plenty of fuel upto them so they are not opening. our diagnostic equipment is showing no issues (We are getting a freinds garage with the Snapon Solus to check if there equipment finds any thing, in the past we have had issuie with LDv Maxus were they wont start and its been the crank sensor that must trigger the ECU (this does show up on diagnostic equipment as the fault), We realise the pump on the Sedona may be down somewhat as the cold start is just giving that extra boost. Have you experianced anything in this fashion, nearly fogot to say the immob light is on constant so that in practis shoundn't interfeer with anything

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

have you not seen a question otherwise I will have to write it out again

Is the vehicle turning over at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, hence the fuel getting to the fuel rail, it has to be an electrical issue in princable is the crank sensor live then energizing the ECU or does it energize straight to the injectors, which we doubt

Just so I'm clear the immobilizer light never goes out even when the key Is in the on position correct,because it should be going off when the key is on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I mentioned the immobiliser as per the handbook the light is on steady thats how it should be, the light does go out again as per instruction book, so we don't think its a immobilise fault, our thoughts would have been if immobilise then the chances are it wouldn't turn over would be slim, it comes back to what feeds what which is basicaly the question

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.