Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My car is a KIA Cerata 1600 deisel car.The threads on one

My car is a KIA Cerata 1600 deisel car. The threads on one of my front wheel nuts and stud have been stripped. Can the stud be removed in order to replace it.

I am a 77 year old man just looking for a "yes" or "no" answer prior to passing the car to a local garage. Something I thought an expert would be able to answer off the top of his head.  

It is unlikely that  I will ever need another answer.

Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The answer to your question is yes. In the event that a lug nut is stripped,the stud and lug nut is replaced to correct this issue. This is a cheap repair.