Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi after flat battery, no electric windows, central locking

Customer Question

Hi after flat battery, no electric windows, central locking and side lights, looked at some online forums looks like it is the ETACS body electrical ECU which switches off but not on again. Forum says these can be replaced, exchange from KIS (known common problem) however if you have an alarm system this will keep happening. I original thought it was the alarm system (aftermarket alarm, immobilisers, are always a cause of most difficult electrical problems) I have already removed the alarm system. The forum says to wake up the ETCAS unit; fully charge the battery for 12 hours, turn all electrical systems off, even remove radio of pull out the audio fuse, make sure all doors are unlocked, then connect battery and connect jump leads from a running vehicles' battery and turn the KIAs' ignition to the acc. position only and try the windows, side lights. Do you have any comments or suggestions?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi As there is no response how come you have charged my credit cart ?

I will be making a call to the credit card co to alert to goods not recieved.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Do you still need help with this issue,if so let me know and I will help you out,thank you.