Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi there I have a kia sorento 2004 2.5 crdi xe I was driving

Customer Question

Hi there

I have a kia sorento 2004 2.5 crdi xe I was driving the other day and with no warning the car just out all power was lost and would not start again and then I took the key out and locked the doors and open again then tried starting the car again and stared no problem. but that day this happened around four times also at one point the yellow engine light came on so I left it for about 30 min and all was ok again and has not cut as yet could you have any ideas on this fault.

thanks George.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing this is likely a fault of the fuel pump. The fuel pump is most likely shorting out and overheating which shuts it off and takes away the fuel to the engine. Another common problem on these vehicles is a failure to the ignition switch which also results in this problem. The first step I would suggest is to have the system scanned for trouble codes and the fuel pump and pressure tested.