Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

I have a kia Carnival diesel. When I press hard on the accelerator

Customer Question

I have a kia Carnival diesel. When I press hard on the accelerator the engine management light comes on and the car misses. Got the injectors serviced, it helped but didn't solve the problem, the light still comes on. Any indication as to why this is happening?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What was the malfunction code that you had that made you do a injector flush.

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the local mechanic as we dont have a Kia dealer very close. His computer showed there was a problem with the fuel system. But it's only a small computer

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat .

No problem if small or big, what was the code that he read, this i need to see what we are up againts .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wouldn't be able to get it to you on a Sunday, as his garage is closed.

Have you any rough idea of what it might be. Give me an idea if he can fix it or would I need to go dealer.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat

This depends on the code ,If the shop is a good diesel repair shop then you will not need a dealership .
But would be nice to know what the code was .
If you don't feel confident with the shop go to a dealership ..

But if after the repair and the car is running a lot better then the injectors could be the problem and need replacing as the clean out did not solve the problem completely .
Was a full fuel system service done ,fuel filter replaced etc if not this must be done .

But as said Pat need the code to be able to help you 100%..

If you can get me the code on monday then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg