Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

engine warning light is on in ford sportka i havnt got a manuel

Customer Question

engine warning light is on in ford sportka i havnt got a manuel so what does this mean
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The check engine light is yellow, meaning you don't have a great problem, this comes on when the management system (ECM), encounters a malfunction within the engine and transmission system.

Unless you have noticed the engine is misfiring,which means this should be checked asap due to the fact a misfiring engine will damage the catalytic converter's.

Now if the engine is running well ,then you don't have to get to the garage asap but when you have the time.

What i suggest you do is find a good local garage hat has a diagnostic scan tool (shops computer engine tester).

Once the scan tool is connected it will be able to read a stored code or codes
(A code will be stored due to a malfunction of a part or sensor, it will turn the light ON)

The found code or codes will let you know what has malfunctioned and the testing technician will then let you know what has to be done to repair this issue .

Once the repair has been done the the codes will have to be cleared, which will switch off the check engine light, if the repair has been done correctly then the check engine light should stay off.

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Kindest regards Greg