Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

KIA Forte 12 - Insulating AC pipes w closed cell foam

Customer Question

I own a KIA Forte 2012 and I'm planning to insulate the AC hoses/pipes, with the intention to improve the efficiency of the vehicle's AC system (read: to achieve a cooler cabin temp under hot summer conditions).

My problem is that I'm unable to determine which hose/pipe should be insulated and which should be left exposed.
There are 2 hoses/pipes which I am able to indentify under the hood; the HIGH (thin pipe) and the LOW pipe (thick pipe).

My question is, which hose/pipe should I insulate? OR am I supposed to insulate something else entirely in order to achieve the desired end result?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Category: Kia