Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi mike Ive a 06 sorento xt 2.5 turbo Ive put new tyres on

Customer Question

Hi mike I've a 06 sorento xt 2.5 turbo I've put new tyres on the back to match the front. But since this I've had a lot of back lash and whining it been aright local running but took it Whitby and 45 miles down the road the front diff started to boil and force oil out of the cover plate I got it home on recovery truck when I've taken the cover plate off the n/s bearing cap was as dry as bone it been getting very hot. Can you tell me if it's just the bearing fail or something . Plus are all the front diffs the same on these models. Thanks Mick
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mick,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ii will wait Thankyou

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Mick,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing this issue is just a bearing failure however the front differential would need to be checked out because the failed bearing can send metal debris through out the unit. All of the front duffs on these vehicles were the same.