Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Sluggish engine, no acceleration under load

Customer Question

Good morning: my 2004 engine not accelerating under load when the gas pedal is depressed. Sometimes engine is sluggish to rev and often pings (knocks) at idle How do I time the engine
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good evening and many thanks for your help.

Certainly, I need all the assistance I can get as the car is unusable in this condition. If you require more information, please let me know.

K
Hello K,

Thank you for getting back to me, no further information is required at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Disconnect the MAF sensor then start the engine .

Is the engine power back to normal or still bad .

After disconnecting the MAF did the check engine light come ON.

Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Greg,

Many thanks. Tomorrow when I am off work I will do as instructed and get back to you then.

I do apologise for this inconvenience.

Kim
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kim ..

Good no problem i will keep an eye open for your reply .

Rgds Greg