Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

Hi, I just bought a Kia cerato 56 plate. It shakes bad when

Hi, I just bought a Kia cerato 56 plate. It shakes bad when I accelerate hard between 40 and 55. Fitted new tires, had allignment done. I see advise about cv joints, driveshaft etc. What do you think. It stops after 60 and not noticeable at slower speeds. Would hate to change all those parts to eliminate problem.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This could well be the inner CV Joints , left side is known to be the trouble maker ,Have the engine mounts checked first the on on the lower rear side will also cause this issue .
But as said i see this alot with the in CV Joint mostly .

Check this then please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg!

I wonder if you are able to give me an indication how much this generally cost to repair? The cv joint, just a ball park figure as I am sure it depends from location to location? Thanks for the advise.I cannot attempt to fix it but can have a look if I can find a mechanic in Carlisle.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If it is the CV joint then the drive shaft left or right side can coast anything from £85.00 to £300.00.
Check Ebay for this item .
labor will be around 1.5 Hrs.

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Hyundai and Kia tech