Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Kia

Key not working on Kia Ceed 3

I have replaced battery in... Show More

I have replaced battery in my key for my Kia Ceed 3 door unlock remote works ok but now the car will not start with this key. It is a type 'c' key. How do I reset the key with the ignition

Category: Kia
Show Less
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
replied 3 years ago.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

happy to wait for another couple of days

Shantal-Mod, Moderator replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Mike, Technician
replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name isXXXXX happy to help you -

I need to know the year of your Kia -- a Full reg number will help more so even if you can - then we can progress -

Kind Rgds, MIKE...........................................

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

hi Mike The reg of my vehicle is LD10 NYL

Mike, Technician replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply / info --

Ok - Im afraid I can tell you the way forward - but its not exactly heart warming for you -

The info as follows is from the Kia Tech - re when you change the batteries on the key -

Programming

NOTE: It may be necessary to program key after replacing batteries.

How

• Keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment.

So Im afraid its not something you can do at home / on car, as you can with some - you are going to need to use either a Kia dealer or the likes of an Auto locksmith ( a Mobile auto locksmith can come to you - ) to do the programming for you - basically its lost its frequency settings and that is the only way forward for you now - but that will sort this out for you...

Again - Im sorry its not exactly good news - but that is the answer to this issue for you -

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.