Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

3 times today I have started my car and been unable to turn

3 times today I have started my car and been unable to turn my steering wheel. I have put the car into reverse and once it has moved I have then been able to turn the wheel again. I have had the hydraulic steering fluid levels checked and they are okay. What do you think this could be. It is a 57 plate Kia ceed, so should I get it to my local Kia garage for them to look at it whilst it is still in warranty ?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please as it hasn't happened since but I would still like to know. Also my account has already been charged with £13 so would like some response as I am very disappointed that it has been 3 days since I posted the question.

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

However, if at anytime you would like me to close your question and reverse your charges, please let me know and I can do that for you.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

I'm sorry that for some reason you have been left out from getting answered this can happen but very rare .

This is a problem that is starting to be with many other Kia ceed, i suggest you have the car sent back in to the dealer under the warranty that you still have .
There maybe a TSB out for this now so check with the dealer .

But this is only for the Cree'd that has a problem turning the steering after the engine
has started .

For the cree'd that has problems turning the steering wheel and not being able to turn the key from of to ON is a different case .

This problem is with the key cylinder that will not unlock due to too much force on the steering ,you have to rock the steering wheel side to side to release .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

Kindest regards Greg..
Greg, Technician
Experience: Hyundai and Kia tech