Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

My kia sorento will not start fault code p1188 all obvious

Customer Question

My kia sorento will not start fault code p1188 all obvious things checked and replaced filters etc garage now at a loss what to do next, pump has been checked to ensure fuel is not running back into pump. The car starts with easy start and will keep running as long as pressure don't drop, initial problem was loss of power then cutting out tank has been cleaned, injectors checked but still no change

Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you no we have not found the answer so please keep looking

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Just an idea what your problem may be ,remove the fuel pick up and check for filter blockage had this with a sportage 2.0L could be your problem .

Fuel level and pick up is under the rear seat .

Please check this out then get back to me if needed.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

thanks the filters have been cleaned and replaced the problem seems to be fuel pressure but we don't know where this could be as all filters pump and valve have been checked the car has been with the mechanic for 2 weeks he has checked fuel lines etc but no joy

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Have the injectors checked as this problem is fuel delivery restriction or a fuel leak most likely internal .
Most common is the injectors have a leak down test done normally when you can't find the problem the injector are the culprit .

Do a leak down test as i think your injectors are leaking .
You may have more engine oil than you should check the oil level if you do have too much replace the injectors .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

injectors checked all Ok car now going to Kia as not able to sort the problem

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
If all these are good then a known issue with the supple line having a crack and sucking in air ,mostly on top of the tank ,
You may see the tank is wet from fuel that has very slowly leaked out but no quite enought to drop onto the floor .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just got car back pump was only showing 1600 psi they said should be 18000

so new pump fitted