Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

i have put 25p worth of petrol in my new diesel kia sportage,the

Customer Question

i have put 25p worth of petrol in my new diesel kia sportage,the topped up to the brim with diesel,will i damage my car?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The small amount of petrol over diesel in the tank and the fact you filled it right up which is the best thing to do - the car should be ok..as long as you run to half and then refill again - maybe add a diesel injector cleaner addiditve too..you should be fine..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there glad to help..

The key is to keep the tank full until as such you gradually get it back to the level your usually at..so at the moment run to half tank..then top up - then down the quater tank then the half full and it should be fine after that add a bottle of diesel injector cleaner...25p is hardly anything to harm the system to be honest..Just one advice as long as you dont mention this episode to the dealer..If you need to ask anything else or include any thing further then just continue..Please dont forget to rate my response above if you havent done so already..most appreciated regards Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Just following up to see if you still require any help?..If not then please dont forget to rate my response above if you havent done so already..most appreciated regards Robert