Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Ceed 4tech (62plate, current model

Customer Question

My Cee'd 4tech (62plate, current model with less than 6,000 miles on the clock) has frozen twice - about 6 months apart. Doors would not open, engine would not start. The RAC was called on both occasions and the battery was totally flat. After the first event, the Kia dealer had the car for 3 days and found no problem. The second occasion, The RAC provide a report with the battery drain at over 1.3 amps, too much. The dealer has had the car for 3 days and says there is no problem - battery drain of 0.3 amps! Obviously there is a problem! The car should not just freeze, and be totally unusable. About 10 days before the current event, when opening the car "quickly" the security system got out of step. The wing mirrors did not open and close as expected for a couple of days - and then settled down again. Is this a mitigating event? Can you help?

Category: Kia