Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a 2004 Kia sorento xs and I have an intermittent

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Kia sorento xs and I have an intermittent problem with the immobiliser.
Sometimes when I try to start the IMMO light does not come on so the car wont start. After a few tries it will eventually come on and enable it to start. I have tried both keys but still happens with both. Any ideas what I could investigate. Thanks.
Darren
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a electrically shorting ignition switch which is fairly common on these vehicles and results in the issue that you are having. The fix is to have the ignition switch replaced.