Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a kia sorento 2006 manual petrol. It hesitates on acceleration,

I have a kia sorento 2006 manual petrol. It hesitates on acceleration, sometimes. There is occasionally what appears to be a tiny misfire noticeable at motorway speeds. It starts fine first time. There is no overheating. This has been going on for some months. I booked it in for another investigation at kia on the weekend. Just before going in the engine light came on. the mechanic diagnosed a faulty connection on the one of the spark plugs. We subsequently changed the two leads. All ok for the first 50 k then the light came on again along with the jerking again. So its going in again to the dealer. Any ideas?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a fuel injector that is not firing correctly which will also set this code.
The best way to diagnose a faulty injector is to a power balance test performed on the vehicle. This is a common issue on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

I'm in Greece trying to find a garage who will have a look at the item you mentioned it is a bit trying out here!!!

No problem, thank you.