Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 53 plate Kia Sorento 2.5 Diesel. I purchased it last

I have a 53 plate Kia Sorento 2.5 Diesel. I purchased it last year as a tow car for our caravan and it's brilliant. For to & from work (5miles each way - unable to do over 40mph),towing and longer trips I get in the region of 28mpg. Would you consider this to be about right - or could this be improved? Thank you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Honestly the mpg that you are getting out of the vehicle is about normal to what the vehicle is supposed to get according to the specifications.
It is possible to improve the mpg slightly by running a fuel treatment through the system about once a month.
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.