Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

Hi I have a Kia sportage 2003. I have been away on holiday

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kia sportage 2003. I have been away on holiday for two weeks. When I went to get in the car the alarm went off. I could not start it. I got someone out to see if it was the battiey it was not. Can you please help?
Ann
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your reply.
I have not heard from anyone yet? I hope I shall soon as this is not very good policy.
Ann
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

You need to attach a volt meter to the battery and you should have 12.6 with a fully charged battery if you only have 12 volts then the battery is to low on charge and will need charging ,
What happens is when you try to start the voltage drops low to 9.6 volts and will set of the alarm and stop you starting .

Rgds Greg