Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My engine management light has been lit since I bought this

Customer Question

My engine management light has been lit since I bought this vehicle 3yrs ago!, have recently changed my mechanic who ran a diagnostic check and came up with no diagnostic codes on board. The car has been converted to gas and runs perfectly though it is an older one. The EML was lit before the car was converted, so this I believe is not connected. Recently we found a faulty coil to the plugs which was changed hence the diagnostics check, any ideas were we should look next. By the way the check came back that everything was working as should be, except for the no diagnostic codes on board.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not had any reply from the expert as yet so the problem is still current.

I am now thinking that because we could only get to the front three plugs which we changed along with their three coil leads, that one of the back 3 leads has a faulty coil as well.

I have been on the Kia web site in the codes section, and there is a no codes on-board diagnostic code, though I was unable to download the code itself. So as you see the problem is on-going,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Model and engine ,

Is the check engine light ON still.

What tool was used to check for codes

Did the tool just say no communication or no codes present

Rgds Greg