Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Kia Magentis has just developed numerous

Customer Question

My Kia Magentis has just developed numerous different electrical faults all at the same time. On the dashboard screen its showing that the boot lid is open when it isn't, it's also not showing on this screen when the lights are on yet when I put the main beam on it does. The hazard lights are not working and the central locking system has gone awry, it will lock the front doors but not the back ones and then the only way to get into the front passenger door is by using the key, it won't open from the inside. The radio and clock have also gone off. The battery has not been disconected just a new fuel pump put on when all this suddenly happened!!!!!! help. Suzanne XXXXXX

Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise on this -

I see there has been a wait on your question - so can I just ask where you are up to - what progress if any has been made to date --- then we can progress..

Please also give me the Full details of the car-

Best Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a 2004 Kia Magentis 2 Litre, the mechanic has tried all the fuses under the bonnet and inside the car they were all ok, I have asked at Auto Electrics and they said to get in touch with the Kia dealership but there isn't one now on the Island. The mechanic plugged in the hand held fault finder but it isn't showing any faults. I have delivered it to the garage ready for him to investigate further tomorrow but am dubious about this problem being solved.

The hazard lights, rear brake lights and indicators are all working and headlights work but as I mentioned when the lights are on it only shows up on the consol when I put the main beam on!!!